Saturday, December 14, 2013

The "Pain" called "Nostalgia" !!




               The clamorous sound entering my ears from the balcony of my room was enticing, I had heard them before. It spoke to me with blithe ignorance. I frisked there and saw children fighting with juvenile enmity over a cricket match episode. Yes this was enticing, not because I tried to be a judge or something but because, I was visualising myself down there.


               I decided to take a stroll down the memory lane. After years have passed (with no substantial addition to my wisdom ), I realised, I did not take time out from my busy life to harbour some memories that bring smile to my face.

It  was yesterday that I thought ,

Papa was a superman,
Mummy was a stringent,
Sister was an obedient,
Brother was an authoritarian.

                Today, I believe I can be all four at different times (or together) : superman, stringent, obedient, authoritarian. Times change with time, this is the obvious excuse people give. But, time flows like an ideal fluid : with steady flow, with no viscosity (that’s the only way, I can thank all the physics I have studied since class sixth).

               Such has the time changed, that we don’t have a moment of laughter in the entire day. We don’t have that touch, that blessed touch of our mothers, of our loved ones. Living several hundreds of thousands of kilometres away from our family is obviously a curse in disguise. Yes, we’ll have our reasons for it and they might be very true but the truth is we know this and we try not to think about this. And we'll always evade this. Ask yourself do you miss your family?

              So, we grow and grow bigger in stature, money, wealth and wisdom but we also evade the truth. The truth that we are in this world for a purpose, which the great ‘Gandhi’ identified as serving the fellow countrymen, the great ‘Lincoln’ identified as fighting for the slaves and the great ‘Castro’ identified as freeing his country from American domination. Ask yourself what is the purpose of your life?

               We’ll perish one day and be finished. Our descendants would not know us because obviously we did nothing substantial to expect them to remember us.
Here’s the rhetorical question.

Yes we earned money, yes we attained knowledge, yes we attained properties but did we attain happiness?

Ask yourself in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment